I want a poem
With one column
Two voices
Three stanzas
No rhyme
It should have depth
But not search my soul
For the abysmal eons of
Everything
And nothing
That has no impact
No crash
And leaves you falling
Falling
Falling
In love
It should answer more
Than it questions
It should leave me
Satisfied
With an urge to take in more
I want to be wrapped up
And saved
Take me home
Sit me down
Build me a castle
Then piece it apart
Weave stories around my head
That make me feel lost
With no chance of redemption
Kiss me on the cheek
And tell me its ok
All the while explaining
How the world has gone awry
With idiocy
It should be inspiring
But let me inspire it back
Word for word
Change for change
I want it to make my
Mind feel beautiful
When even my face doesn’t agree
Wish me luck
And tuck me in
A phone call late at night
When “It’s me,”
Means love
And makes me forget
About today
And regret tomorrow
Lead me into the
Deep darkness of your mind
So I can prove myself right
Let me crawl on the fence
And hear every footstep in the dark
Show me love is just a joke
It’s not real
It doesn’t exist
Stop looking
Give me an F
And box my face in failure
So I can learn
That running away
Was what shot me down
Let it splash on the
Surface of the future
Where forever isn’t
Quite long enough
Write me a poem
Short and sweet
But make it as sharp
And shining
And convoluted
As my mind.
-for phoebe.

No comments:
Post a Comment