its like the intoxicating moon and fog at night.
Its like running when you can't breathe.
Its like a battle fought daily.
Its like an annual flower.
Its like a dragon slain.
Its like a song you don't know the words to.
Its like a good, pointless cry.
Its like traffic when you're running late.
Its like you have nothing to say.
Its like when you remember something you lost.
Its like a daisy chain crown.
Its like those rare nights when you fall asleep happy.
Its like the world never stops spinning.
Its like you're fleeing and you don't know why.
Its like trying to sew your heart back together- again.
Its like falling for a figment of your imagination.
Its like you know it can't hurt you.
Its like you have to- no, you need to know.
Its like a six am I love you.
Its like the cold hard dirty concrete.
Metaphors relate things that don't seem to match.
Things in a muddle.
I live in a muddle.
And I live in my metaphors.
I hide behind them, I use them so that I can keep skirting the issue,
So that I can keep lying. So that I don't have to make the hard decision
between what I want, who I am, and who I want to be.
But honestly, life is like metaphors.
My life at least. I use them till I'm blue in the face
But in the end I have to realize
That's all it is:
A metaphor.
Life.
And its not looking to hold up to a storm,
Its just trying to find the right words to spell out the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment